Why this hot new product is here at the right time.
We are now printing on paper made of STONE!
It’s TRUE! This “paper” is a new product that is tough as nails, is water resistant, is tear resistant and we are are finding that our clients are discovering many uses for this sort of material. It is actually made from limestone dust and resin…and is marketed as being “tree free” (which is true…NO trees are used to manufacture this…and very little water, if any).
Here are some creative ideas for its use:
- Business cards (for extreme conditions…mud, snow, rain, gardening, construction, fabricating, etc)
NOTE: we actually offer this as an option in our Web2Print storefront.
- “Waterproof” magazines (I saw one that was printed for use at a spa pool. Read it underwater, if you like!)
- Maps (fishing maps, ATV routes, trail maps, etc)
- Menus (just wipe off that ketchup and it is as good as new!)
- Plus Cover magazine and catalog covers (yes, we can inkjet on it for mailing)
- Cool vibe post cards (they are very tear resistant…great insurance for getting them through the USPS system)
Here are a few more of its features:
- It prints just like any coated or uncoated stock…in fact, it has a luxurious, almost velvet surface and feel to it.
- It is very white and takes standard inks perfectly (including our 250 line screen…very sharp).
- It is very opaque.
- It can be stitched as a cover on a catalog and can also be perfect bound.
- You can flood coat it…recommended on pieces that have heavy ink coverage!
- Die cutting and gluing are not a problem.
- It recycles as a PLASTIC, not a paper.
- It does NOT need “hard dry inks”. We use our standard inks that dry in a normal amount of time.
- It is much less expensive than other synthetic papers that require hard dry inks AND weeks of drying time.
The product is called “Ultra Green Film” and it is available in these formats:
- 12 x 18 (For use on our digital offset press)
- 28 x 40 (For use on our Heidelberg offset presses)
..and it comes in five thicknesses:
- 5.5 Mil
- 8 Mil
- 12 Mil
- 16 Mil*
- 20 Mil
* We stock the 12 x 18, 16 Mil for use on the Digital Press.
SO YOU KNOW, we also carry these new and cool substrates for our digital offset press:
- Low Peel/Repositional Vinyl: 4 Mil: Wall graphics, window signage, calendars, promotional information
- Window Cling Vinyl: 8 Mil: Interior mounted decals, window signage, display cases
- Rigid Vinyl: 10 Mil: good for indoor signs, point of purchase displays, wire-o book covers
- Ultra Synthetic Paper: 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14 and 20 Mil: Plant tags, Menus, etc
- ..and MANY other long and short run substrate solutions for your marketing needs!
Questions? Please email me at DRickman @ ColoradoPrinting.com or call me at 970-250-6749