A few weeks ago a customer asked me for some help with brainstorming an economical alternative to a key card holder. These projects are usually die cut and, as such, can be costly. He was on a budget so I suggested this inexpensive, quick and elegant idea.
Super simple, it employs a short fold and then a basic letter fold. The card stays in place without glue or slits…a simple and secure pocket is formed with three easy folds. Here are some things to think about if you are going to try this:
1) Use a TEXT weight paper…preferably an 80# or 100# weight. Anything thicker will cause the folds to bunch up.
2) Notice that you can include a perf that would allow for coupons or ticket stubs.
3) Of course you should print on the front and the back (!). A cool advantage is that the pocket on this project folds down to reveal the INSIDE of the pocket…this is an area that standard “pocket folders” can’t really use. So you get more bang for your marketing buck!
4) Any size sheet will work. This one lays flat at 8.5″ x 11″ but fool around with other sizes!
5) Need a THICKER version?? Possibly as a substitute for a “REAL” pocket folder?? Well, you will need to relive the inevitable bunching of the folds which will involve a die cut. BUT it will not need to be glued so you will save some $$$ using this style of a “folder”. CALL me or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will show you how this is done!